Care Foundation is a UK registered Charity, Charity Number 1125279 set up to look into the needs of the Black and Minority Ethnic people and their participation in local activities. We are a charity set up for the benefit of black & minority ethnic communities in the United Kingdom, to provide activities for the under privileged who cannot access mainstream services due to barriers such as poverty, language, culture differences, fear and to act as a point of contact for them both in engagement and consultations and to educate them on how to become involved in the community where they live.
Care Foundation aims to achieve this by setting up projects that will enhance the quality of lives of African BME’s here in the United Kingdom and develop their sense of belonging.
Our aim is to empower young people with facts and information to help them make positive choices in life and influence others in the same way. Also to discourage the young people from engaging in crime by exposing the negative myths about the criminal lifestyle and to develop their leadership potential and redirect them to the right pathway.
We aim to develop a network within the public, private and voluntary sector to enable integration within the community, also we would be a link between the African BME Community and the local Authority in decision making processes
We offer diverse support services to promote the general well being of young people going difficult times and families with children earning low or no income and Isolated older people who are disadvantaged and marginalised because they are from the BME group.
Services we provide are:
- Adult day center (safe, comfortable, fun and social environment) for isolated older people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community and the white community to come together to socialize , interact, build a network of friendship amongst themselves, once each week and use technology to connect them to the outside world by developing their ICT skills to enable them use the internet to send e-mails, to request for their prescription online and access other services available to them in the community.
- We work with over 300 elders from Erith, Bexleyheath, Woolwich, Plumstead, Belvedere and Abbeywood, Dartford and Gravesham and our aim is to promote social inclusion and enhance physical and emotional well-being.
- We run a weekly coffee morning that enables people over 65 years old to socialize, share stories and develop new friendship. There are regular healthy eating sessions, group walks and light exercise activities
- At the day center there are various activities that are offered such as knitting with crochet, telling their stories, playing games together such as Ludo, monopoly and chess.
- We provide one on one befriending and counselling service over the telephone and face to face…
- Also we provide music entertainment for the older people and people with disabilities.
- Not only that we organize outing to theme parks, cinemas, shopping mall etc
- We provide regular food parcels such as groceries, fresh fruits, bread, cereal, dairies and regular delivery of essentials such as toiletries etc for older people, we drop on their doorstep.
- We provide shopping support to the older people as well as assisting them to pick up their prescription from the pharmacy.